AV CHECK AJINOMOTO ADVANTEC
บรรจุ 100 แผ่น / ขวด
Quality Deterioration Test paper for Heated Oils
AV-CHECK test paper is produced by drying filter paper impregnated with PH indicator and basic materials, based on the principle of acid/alkali titration, a standard oils – and fats analysis method. AV Detection enables the determination of the deterioration degree of heated oils and fats amidst their use for frying.
1. Most suitable for quality control on the spot, for example, of frying oil (heated oils and fats).
2. Extremely short detection time (time required for detection) 30 seconds.
3. Very easy detection method for anyone to deal with.
4. Confronts to carry, enabling acid-vale detection anywhere.
5. Free from solvent-different from conventional acid-value detection kits, usable without requiring undue care about flammable, and burble after use.
How to use
1. Take out heated oil into suitable container. Lower its temperature bank to the level of room temperature. Dip the test paper into the oil and take it out in 2 second.
2. Remove excess oil from the test paper, for example at container edge.
3. Determine acid value by comparing the test paper colour changed in 30 seconds with the colour tone table.
Detection range and colour variation
Usage cares to be taken
1. Unless testing part of the test paper is soaked completely. Resulting colour irregularity with make AV determination difficult. If it is immersed too long, however, dissolving reagent will make it difficult to obtain correct results. Target dipping time should be 2 seconds.
2. Colour determination at the testing part should be made in 30 seconds of soaking the test paper.
3. Take care not to touch the testing part directly by hand.
4. This paper may not react correctly to oil temperatures too high.
5. Different places may give different acid values detected. Do not use this paper at place under humidities extra high or low.
6. This test paper may discolour under sunshine and moisture. Never fail to keep it under tight sealing and to store it at dark places.
Significance of AV Detection of oils and fats
With the rapidly growing consumption of oils and fats – oriented foods in recent veers, interest has also been growing, from food sanitation viewpoint, in the quality inferiority or deterioration of edible oil and fats and oils and fats-processed food. It is required, therefore, always to keep under full attention and severe control the use of oils and fats served repeatedly for frying. For heated oils and fats, in particular, inferiority checking methods cover key points such as flavor, acid value, viscosity, iodine value, carbonyl value, etc. It is especially desirable to focus on acid value (AV) as a leading indicator for quality control, thereby checking AV and watching its correlation with flavor.
Quality standards of oils / fats and of oils / fats foods (AV guideline values)
1. AV 3 or below (or, 5 or below)(Correlation with peroxide): Quality standard requirement for OIL – BASED CAKES (Japanese Health and Welfare Ministry guideline Nov/1977 decree)
2. AV 3 or below: Quality standard requirements for FRIED BUAN CUAD (Abura age)
3. AV 3 or below: Quality standard requirements for FRIED BUAN CUAD (Abura age)
4. AV 1.2 or below for oil–fried noodle, AV 1.5 or below for taste added oil-oil-fried noodle: Quality standards for READY-TO-EAT “INSTANT NOODLES”
Notes : Correlation between the quality degradation of oils and fats and the growth of acid value can vary depending upon how they are used, for example, upon the kinds of oils and fats, heating time The plant , etc. Figure given above are standard acid values for oil and fats and for oil-and-fat food.
The timing of waste oil disposal, or when to dispose of it at what AV level, should be determined by factors such as flavour levels and appearance appreciation of finished products.